Time to pork out!
Yep, you heard me right.
Pork is one of those foods that people on diets hate with passion. Why eat pork when chicken and turkey—well-known “healthy” meats—are available?
I want you to know that there IS a healthy way to eat pork. If you cut it lean and serve it with nutritious sides, you’ll be doing your body more good than harm.
Today’s recipe is pork chops. You’re gonna love our take on this classic meal—it’s complete with apples, onions, cinnamon, and even almonds!
Let’s get piggy with it!
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1/4 of a cup of white wine
- 1/4 of a cup of sliced almonds
- In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apples and onions. Sauté them for 5 minutes (until the apples are tender).
- Remove the apples and onions from the pan.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan, and leave the heat on medium. Sprinkle cinnamon and salt on both sides of the pork chops, then rub it in.
- Place the pork chops in the pan, then sear them on each side for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, and bring to a boil. Add the apples and onions back to the pan. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkles with the almonds, and serve the chops with a generous helping of the apples and onions.